Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Love it!

Oh, yes.  The colors are a little more vibrant in reality (still working on my photo skills), but this is the idea.  Finished size: 11 1/2 by 12 1/2.

red and white miniature quilt 1

I really, really love how this came out.  Like I said, I don’t always know until a quilt is made up what my ultimate verdict is going to be.  And it’s true this is a little visually noisy.  Doesn’t matter.  Still love it.  Makes me happy to look over and see it pinned on the wall. 

Not even sure why.  It’s not like I’m a big fan of the color red.  Red is all right.  I like it in combination with other colors, sure.  But it’s not like seeing a  red and white quilt typically fills me with a deep seated need to “make one now.”  This was just an experiment, a “Let’s see what this looks like in red and white,”  an “I’ve never made a red and white quilt before” kind of experiment. 

Didn’t expect to fall in love.  But I did.  Yup.  I love this little quilt.

This and the Kaffe Fasset version are the May projects.  Love them both.  Happy days.

3 comments:

  1. I love red and white so I think this one is lovely. It's good to work outside of the comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt -- the noise is a joyful one. And that's YOUR book! I've been meaning to ask dh for it for mother's day, and when I saw it on your sidebar, I thought, "oh yeah! she got that great pattern from that great book." Then I realized she WROTE that great book. Good work!

    ReplyDelete