Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Don’t Have a Clue

As in, I don’t have a clue what to title this blog entry.  How do bloggers come up with titles every day?  I’m stumped. 

Anyway, I said I’d show more of what you can do with the Square-in-a-Square foundation when you only add one triangle corner, so here’s a start: a little table topper made with primarily Kaffe Fasset fabrics.  It measures 12 1/2" square.

This is the same block that I discussed in this blog entry – where I demonstrated how I modified directions for the square-in-a-square foundation in order to make this block:

Which put together four times made this quilt:

For the Fasset table topper, I colored the blocks like this:

fasset one corner block

I absolutely love the versatility of this block!  I have more variations in the design stage that I’ll share as I make them up.  I love both of the table toppers I’ve made so far.  I like the idea of using this latest one to set a candle in the center.  I’m thinking it might be  nice done up in Christmas or Halloween fabrics as well. 

Sidenote: thanks for your comments on the folk art medallion.  I hadn’t actually considered adding more borders since it is at the size I was originally intending, but I can see where adding another border could help the balance.  I’m thinking . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is fascinating! The Kaffe Fasset is my favorite, but I like them all.

    ReplyDelete