Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Go! Round Flower Play

So, this is on the design wall.  It uses the two inch, the five inch, and round flower dies.

After I made the mail sack, I knew I liked the squares and flowers in taupe so much that I really needed to do more.  I ran a bunch of fabrics through the two inch die and the round flower die, probably about twenty or so each I think.  I wanted enough to play with.  And, yes, it has been fun!

I really love this flower version, it has such great movement.  It makes me think of a field of flowers and a summer breeze.

Then I had a bunch of stems left over and I thought, “Well, surely I can think of something to do with these.”  And I just love this little block.  Here it is in process.

And a finished version.

image

A few more nine patches and then it will be time to think about the border.  Well, I have the new 3 1/2" tumbler on my way at some point.  I might consider that as a possibility.  Any other ideas?

3 comments:

  1. What a very cool quilt! I love what you did with the stems and dots...just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always am attracted to quilts done in the taupes. Your blocks are no exception to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrie, your quilt is coming along very nicely. I really like what you are doing with your blocks. You are very inventive!

    ReplyDelete