Monday, January 18, 2016

GO! Progress

Or: Just Tumbling Along

Making progress on the table runner. The top is sewn together, layered, basted . . . 


though I still need to close up all those pins.  I'm thinking just some simple straight line quilting on this one. 


So lo-o-o-ong! Off into the shadows we go.

Putting all those squares together was a good reason to pull out my Leaders and Enders project. I have a bad habit of working on it for a while and then stuffing it in the closet and forgetting about it. Oops! But, hey, working on it while I put together all those circle blocks meant I made some good progress.  


Once I started putting some of the tumblers up on the design board, I could see the quilt top was going to be way too dark and boring. I needed to cut more tumblers out anyway, so I'm hoping adding some brighteners will give it a little spark.


Meanwhile, I've got another GO! project in the wings. This is one I just need to get up my get up and go to start!  I think this is the first time in all my years of quilting that I bought fat quarters for an entire line.  (Greetings, Black Friday sale!) Mon Ami -- isn't it fun?



And now, it's back to prepping -- classes start tomorrow. The (break) party's over.

2 comments:

  1. You've used beautiful fabrics for your circles. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been playing with some fun fabrics. Your tower of new fat quarters is a tower of yumminess. Too bad the break is over.

    ReplyDelete