Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap

And a half-hour after I posted that last blog entry, my hubby walked in the door with a package for me, a lovely quilt from my swap partner Carol.


I love cheddar and blue as a combination. What a gorgeous little quilt!

And look at the beautiful hand stitching. How pretty and even those stitches are!


Carol sent some lovely little extras as well.


More of those reproduction fabrics we love and a cute button and tape measure fabric. There's also some Canada flag fabric but I missed getting that in the photo. (Oops.)

Thank you, Carol!

My first little quilt was a little too little. It's here with the pincushion I made as a little extra.


I also made one of the Pink Penguin fabric baskets in linen and reproduction fabrics, but I forgot to take a picture of that.

Here's a second take on a doll quilt, a little bigger this time. The X-Blocks finish at 3 inches.


To get a look at all the wonderful doll quilts, hop on over to the Humble Quilts blog and have fun with the linky party. Thank you, Lori, for once again organizing such a fun swap!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! All three are super cute! Thanks for adding your link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for organizing the swap. I just love seeing all those little quilts made up!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't that blue and cheddar gorgeous? My picture taking skills just don't do it justice. I love it.

      Delete
  3. Hooray! I'm so glad you finally received your little basket quilt. I hadn't heard anything and was truly beginning to worry. I was so happy when I spotted your link up on Lori's blog and I'm glad you like your little quilt. Carol in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a bit nerve-wracking when it's going international, isn't it? The only time I sent a little quilt in a swap where it never reached its destination was one I sent to Brazil. So sad!

      I love your little basket quilt -- now, I'm so happy to say, MY little basket quilt! It's just gorgeous. Thank you so much!!!

      Delete