Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Bit by Bit, Putting It Together

I'm still working on projects that have been sitting around. This one goes back to 1998, I think. Whew.


I am really close on this. I have most of the piecing for the next borders done. First, the squares in a square you can see here, and then another border of triangles. I just need to figure out the spacer border strips.

I also finished up the round robin baby quilt I had got back to earlier in the spring.


That's headed towards a baby who just arrived a few weeks ago. Isn't that a better place for it than sitting half-done in my closet? (Why, yes, Terrie. Yes, it is. Who knew?)

And, let's hear it for eye surgery. I can once again see well enough to hand quilt! So I'm finishing up this little mini. All I have to do is a line of quilting along the outside edge of the painter's tape. Then, binding. We'll see what tomorrow brings.


Next I'm pulling out an old hand quilting project that goes back even further than that 98 medallion!

I am ALL about finishing projects at the moment. I have to admit, I feel burdened by the (embarrassingly large) stack of finished but unquilted, nearly finished, half-finished, and the scattered, hopeful "we've only just begun(s)." Sometimes I see new projects that would be fun to start but then I think about all that's waiting and I flat out wilt.

So, now's the time. Progress may be slow but at least it is progress. I'll also say, though, that it's important to me that I enjoy doing this. I would hate it if working on these older projects just felt like a chore. Fortunately, I'm really enjoying working on them again. And it is a thrill to see them cross the finish line.

Well, some of them are just getting closer to the finish line. I'll take it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your eyes are allowing you to see thinks more clearly. I hadn't even realized you were having surgery. It's nice when the oldies remain a pleasurable project and finally get completed. And if they're not, oh, well, it means you got what you needed from it and it will be someone else's treasure down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to think of some of those unfinished projects as someone else's treasure. We certainly feel that way about some of our vintage finds. And, yes, it is so nice to be seeing better!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I'm fairly impressed that going on twenty years later, I still like it!

      Delete